Thursday, October 17, 2019

#15 - I Like


I like cinnamon pecan scones, this week's baking treat.
Recipe HERE

**********
I like Jake!

**********
I like the Halloween-ish color scheme in this vintage quilt, such good inspiration!  It speaks to me because it's warm and scrappy and doesn't have a light background. 

 I have been at this for such a long time now: I know my quiltmaking self pretty well.  I know that I make traditional utility quilts, not art.  I consider myself an artisan, not an artist.  My quilts are created to keep people warm, to be snuggled under and laundered regularly.  They are intended to be useful everyday objects done in pleasing colors and styles.  Haha, and at this stage of the game, I won't live long enough to make all the quilts I'm inspired by! 

**********
I like an occasional day at home -- solitude and serenity.
I like friends around the world.
I like crickets chirping.
I like the aroma of fireplace smoke.

**********



Explore more 'I Like' blog links at


***************

5 comments:

Lilac Joan said...

I like your happy attitude!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great list of likes. Jake is a double size of my Bobbin, and he has such a sweet face. Love the quilt and I agree it is great colors. I like solitude too. Which worries me at times.

piecefulwendy said...

I can see why you like Jake; he's a handsome fella. I like your reasoning behind your quilts and why you make them. A fun post to read; brings a smile to my face!

PaintedThread said...

Those scones look delicious. I love when my quilts are used! I've told people that if they ever wear out, I'll make them a new one. :-)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your likes, Jeanne! Your scones look yummy! That is a wonderful inspiration quilt, too. I, too, like the solitude and serenity of home.