Saturday, January 5, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013 - PINK


A beautiful pink sunrise over our nearby mountains
 
It was my plan last week that I'd be able to double up on my efforts and count Jessica's Valentine quilt and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for January as a two-for-one.  But as it turns out, Jessica's quilt will in fact only be using three fabrics, new yardage, not scraps at all.  So it won't count for RSC13/pink

That's OK though, cause wouldn't you know it? I do have **a few** scraps to work with anyway.  This is my collection of "small odd size scraps", sorted into 2-gallon bags by color:


Lo and behold!  Yes, there was indeed a bag full of pinks in there:
 
 
And right off the bat, I unearthed a started HST project:
 
 
left over from this quilt I did last year.  I can spend a few evenings this week finishing up the hand quilting and adding binding, and it'll be another one done.
 
So it's going to be this week's Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013 - January/pink.  More pink scraps to follow throughout the month ...
 
***************