Monday, December 31, 2012

Let's get busy - January

I am an AVID listmaker -- one of my basic life strategies is that once I write something down, I don't need to hold onto it in my head anymore.  (Which actually only means that I keep flittering onward to NEW stuff that's also not going to be stored in my brain either.)  (And then there's the part about remembering where my lists are, and remembering to read them.)

OK, so Judy has organized a Get It Done activity for 2013 that has my name written all over it:  "Write a list of things you might do."  Yes, I'm in.

And I'm already linked up to Barbara's NewFO 2013:  "Write a list of things you'd like to start but not necessarily finish."  Ok, that's good.

And then there's the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013 over at Scraphappy: "Make something colorful using scraps."  Heehee, enough colorful scraps around here to sink a boat.

And the 30sFabricQuilting yahoo group I belong to will be featuring some swaps and a mystery project.  I'm in for two swaps and the mystery right now.  We'd love some new members over there if you like 30s repros :)

And the Dare to Dresden bloghop I'm participating in later in the month:  "Sew a dresden plate something and do a blog post about it."

And then also **a few** of my own projects and inspirations.

And ... and ... and ...  that's probably enough for this list I think :)

(AND ... these are only the quilty things I hope to accomplish in January -- there are others in other areas of my attention.)

Get it Done:
1.  Fine Line: instructions Part 2 (this is for the 30s group) January 13, 2013
2.  Calico Garden: prep two blocks (I'm determined to conquer needleturn applique in 2013)
3.  Nesting Instinct: borders, layer, quilt, bind (a UFO that I want to use in March) finished January 30, 2013
4.  Dare to Dresden, blocks and post finished  January 23, 2013; posted Janaury 28, 2013
5.  Guild BOM (newsletter isn't out yet, so I don't have info about this, but hey, I'm a team player so I'm just reserving time for it right now) January 9, 2013 - Guild newsletter came out with no BOM this month -- what's up with that?! -- so I'm off the hook on this one :)
6.  Wonderful Life BOM 1 block ( a red and white sampler)  completed January 1, 2013

NewFO:
7.  Jess - Valentine quilt started January 3, 2013; finished January 20, 2013!!!!!
8.  RSC13 - January/pink started and ongoing January 5, 2013

***************

7 comments:

Granny said...

We're going to be busy together! :)

Impressive lists you have there.

Anonymous said...

I always love a hopeful woman. =) Good luck with all those lists, and your January projects!

Angie in SoCal said...

My goodness - 7! You and Judy are energizer bunnies. Go, girls, go!
Happy quilting in the New Year.

DeeDee said...

Great goals - Can't wait to see everything you get done. I am looking forward to reading all the Dare to Dresden posts.

Beth in MN said...

Wow! Nice list. I also like list making. It means more gets done. Good luck on your list. Have a quilty new year.

Dar said...

I'm with you on many of your list projects. Hope we both can check them off. I too make lists, which sometime I can't find.!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for pointing me to Judy's blog, somehow I lost it. Started with her last year, didn't finish though. New Year, new try. I like this Get it Done attitude. Keeping track of the lists is a new idea too, who knew we were supposed to find and follow them? Good luck with your list.