Friday, February 21, 2020

RSC20: February - orange


I worked my way through lots of orange this week!

First, I completed the next row of AURA.  The paper-piecing went better for me this month -- only about 25% of the pieces were wrong this time, an improvement from last month's experience!

I used some of my larger orange leftovers for
 half log cabin blocks. 

And for a few new Letterbox blocks, adding to an already-in-existence block set.

The cutoffs from AURA  became HSTs
This is probably it for orange from me -- we do have one more RSC orange week, but I don't have anything else in mind to work on.

See more orange activity at
***************

10 comments:

NADINE said...

Aaah, ORANGE, YELLOW … my favorite colors ! And mixed with some pink… BLISS :)

xoxoxo
NADINE

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You've had a lot of fun with orange this month. Glad you found the paper piecing a bit easier - it's something that takes a little getting used to and then you'll suddenly 'get it' and wonder why it gave you so much grief!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad to hear that your AURA piecing went more smoothly this month. Way to work thru the leftover, too! LOVE those chunky Log Cabin blocks (but I really don't need another project so I will try very hard to ignore these.)

Julierose said...

that AURA is so lovely--nice shades of orange in them...hugs, Julierose

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your Aura quilt is going to be gorgeous! Lovely orange blocks

maggie fellow said...

your oranges are sure lovely

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Yor Aura row is beautiful! Glad the paper-piecing is coming together for you. I really like those quarter log cabins, too!

LA Paylor said...

aura is so cool... I did a paper pieced kimono pattern that challenged me so much I finally cut out templates to cut fabric angles with!!

Cathy said...

I never do very well with paper piecing.
You sure put the leftovers to good use.
I'm out of orange scraps for this month too. And I guess that's a good thing.

Susie H said...

I think you've done real well with orange. Wonder what color March will bring?