Saturday, December 14, 2019

Holiday projects


This morning I was surprised to discover that the final step for Temecula Quilt Company's TINY TREE sew-along had been released.  I hadn't really been keeping track, so I didn't realize that it was coming to an end.  In any case, it was quick work to sew the blocks into rows and add side triangles to form the tree.

As I was rummaging through the holiday tub for a nice small piece to make the back, I came across a new contender for oldest fabric in my stash.  (!!!) 

I'll spend the next couple of evenings doing some simple hand quilting on it, and getting the binding turned back.  Another cute little holiday project done!

And I don't think I ever shared a photo of my completed DASHING THROUGH THE SNOW quilt, another Temecula Quilt Company sew-along which ran earlier this fall. 

Sheryl Johnson, the owner of Temecula, also announced that they will be offering a SCAVENGER HUNT sew-along beginning in January, so if you like the look of Temecula's projects, check that one out!

***************

4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

After doing Tiny Tuesdays for Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I am thinking I can handle these tiny Temecula project

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Gorgeous work and timely too.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I have been saving the tiny tree patterns. Maybe during a day off I can work on it. I have been stalking the ones I see! So many fun different variations.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your tiny tree is adorable... great job!
Love that perfect backing fabric just waiting for it's moment to shine!