Friday, August 2, 2019

I Like ...


I like living in the mountains!  We are at 7000' elevation.  The air is clear and fresh, the nights are cool, and the views are both humbling and inspirational.  We've lived here more than 10 years, and I still wake up in the morning and think to myself: 
"Wow, I live here!"
 

I like gyros!  We don't have a Greek restaurant up here, but Tony was 'down the hill' for an appointment the other day, and was sweet enough to stop at Mad Greek's and bring back a carryout treat for supper.

I like summer flowers!  The gardens around the neighborhood are putting on quite a show this week, and I've really been enjoying my walks.

My daily Gratitudes are HERE

Explore links to more grateful blog posts at
NOT AFRAID OF COLOR

Life is good!


***************

8 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I feel the same way every day! We had hoped for mountain views and higher elevations but settled for life on a lake instead -- equally inspiring vistas and I get to see the mountains every time I head east to the Big City (Knoxville).

Roseanne said...

Hi Jeanne! Beautiful, beautiful photos. What a spectacular place to live - I've never been to Big Bear lake. Those flowers sure are putting on a show for you to enjoy. And I love gyros as well - and haven't had them for a while. I'd better correct that soon. ~smile~ Roseanne

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Welcome to our "likes" group. I love your blog that I just checked out. Your view and neighborhood is awesome. I've lived in the desert all my life and dislike it immensely. (I could never leave my family, tho). I get so excited when I see trees and flowers. Enjoy your day. mary

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks and sounds beautiful where you live! We live at about a mile high here on the Front Range of Colorado, so it's not too far to visit those beautiful views and crisp mountain air, either. We are blessed to love where we live! Greek food sounds yummy, and pretty flower photos, too!

LA Paylor said...

I just love flowers and color too. I like to walk a lot and look at other people's yards. Your views are spectacular and it's terrific that you stop and smell the air, and make note of your natural fortunes. Thanks for joining us!!! Leeanna

Julierose said...

WOW 7,000 ft--that is up there--when first married we lived in the Berkshires of MA--and i loved looking out and seeing mountains all around..we now live at just about sea level in SE CT--also lovely, but miss those cool mountain fresh air breezes...hugs, Julierose

PaintedThread said...

Ooh! What great likes! What a view you have! I love gyros - we had a great restaurant near where we used to live. We'll have to find another one. Beautiful flowers, too.

Angie said...

Like you, I am blessed to live in the mountains, and I am grateful beyond words. Love the flower tour of your area. Joining you from I Like Thursday. Have a great weekend!