Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Cheddarback


Having concluded both Hope's Journey and Stars in Her Crown this past week, I've decided to begin a new BOM sew-along.  Gay Bomers at Sentimental Stitches has just introduced CHEDDARBACK, and it looks like fun!
Gay will be offering five free patterns per month for the various pieced blocks which appear in this circa 1890 quilt.  I've settled on an assortment of vintage-style dots and spots pulled from my stash -- I'll be doing the PolkaPolkaPolka version :) 
 Each month we'll be working on one large and four small blocks.  The instructions are well-written, and this first group all came together beautifully, including the little twist block with the set-in seams. 
So this is off to a good start!  I have some tidying up to do in the workroom from my recent projects, and who knows what else I'll discover to work on :)

***************

1 comment:

Libby in TN said...

Sheesh! I think you've sent me down another rabbit hole ...