Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Thinking about applique

A new block-of-the-month scheduled to begin 
next week: 
Barbara Brackman is offering an applique series this year.  It will involve nine blocks, each of which are 18".  The quilt will finish out at about 70" square, depending on borders.

Barbara's accompanying articles are always excellent and educational.  I'm thinking carefully about doing this series -- I'm somewhat hesitant about making the long term commitment though.  But since I'm mentioning it here, that means I've probably already decided in some corner of my mind to participate.

Other applique projects on my bucket list include: 

Winter Garden, When the Cold Wind Blows
 Blackbird Designs

Warm Hearts, Warm Hearts, 
Blackbird Designs

Meadowbrook Acres, From My Heart to Your Hands, 
Lori Smith

There are not enough years left in my life to finish all the quilts I'd like to do.  Sigh.  No conclusions here,
 just thinking  …  

***************

2 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Wow, you have a lot to choose from! They are all lovely but I love the last one best. I agree, though, that BB always includes useful information in everything she offers.

Quilter Kathy said...

OH yes... I have the same problem... not enough years left!
I will take a look at this one since I do enjoy applique.