Tuesday, October 23, 2018

At last!!!


Cornucopia

Woohoo, I did it, finished stitching down the binding last night, so this quilt is finally completely done and ready to use!!

This long-time WIP was started quite a few years ago -- it was an incomplete discontinued BOM from a guild I no longer belong to.  But I liked it, so every year I brought the project tub back out to add a few more blocks, and ponder and frown, and finally come up with a layout.  This was the year I saw it through to the finish line, and it's quite a distance away from what the original quilt was supposed to be. It has turned out to be a very nice Plan B though, for some blocks and parts that have been  'curing' for eons.

Now that the binding is complete, I can switch my handwork evenings back to Hawk Run Hollow and Harvest Moon.  And since I continue to make noteworthy progress with my UFO backlog,  I may even treat myself to starting a new quilt project!  :)

***************

4 comments:

julieQ said...

How pretty! Your plan B is totally awesome!! Hawk Run hollow...cross stitch? I remember a cross stitch pattern with that name, LOL!

Libby in TN said...

I love it! Great job.

gayle said...

It's absolutely beautiful! I don't know what plan A was, but plan B looks pretty darn perfect!

Karen L R said...

HOWDY!