Friday, January 27, 2017

RSC17: January - purple


We're just about done with PURPLE!

First: I'd selected the plaid/homespun pieces out of my PURPLE scrap bag at the beginning of the month, and this week I used them to make some rail blocks.  The light tan rails are a texture-y fabric that goes nicely with the heavier and looser feel of the homespuns.  The remainder of the PURPLE homespun pieces were stripped down to 1 1/2" and added to my
log cabin strip bag.

Next: earlier in the week, my attention was snagged by these TESSELLATING "T" BLOCKS.  But I didn't feel good about making a "T" quilt (sorry Barbara!) ... so I made up my own tessellating "L" block.  The "Ls"  are in honor of my darling grandson Lorenzo.  Even though this quilt won't be for him (he has MANY quilts already), it will make me much happier each month to make "Ls" rather than "Ts"!!!  

And finally: the completed PURPLE crib quilt.  I've challenged myself to do a crib quilt each month to reduce the overflow of my 30s stash, and I plan continue for all the colors this year.  This one and the subsequent ones will be added to my donation stockpile, ready to be
sent out when needed.

So that concludes January/PURPLE, and brings me in at six block sets and a crib quilt
in each month's challenge color.
Can't wait to find out what next month's color will be!

Click over to SCRAPHAPPY SATURDAY
to enjoy more PURPLE

***************

8 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Well done on all you created from your purples, and love your inspiration for your "L" quilt.

Ariane said...

I love your purple blocks! That baby quilt is adorable too!

scraphappy said...

I won't ask why you can't make a "T" quilt. There is a cute block called 4-H. Love the repro purples. So pretty.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh! Your chunky L blocks will be PERFECT for a friend of mine. MUST. Remember. This!!

PaulaB quilts said...

The rails are really nice with the homespun look. What a great goal to do a baby blanket a month. Keep up the good work!

Nell's Quilts said...

Love the purple homespun fabrics. L for Lorenzo - great inspiration tesselation block.

claudia said...

Lorenzo is ADORABLE! I can see why you would make Tessellatting L's! Your blocks look great!

Pamela Arbour said...

You had a lot of great purple going on there. Congratulations!