Thursday, July 31, 2014

Rag rug progress

 
I'm coming along nicely with the rag rug I started a couple of weeks ago.  It's easy enough to do, although it does get tiresome for arthritis-y hands.  I'm getting better control of the tension and making neater turns at the ends of the rows as I go along.

I'm using a stripped-down bed sheet as the foundation strand, and then random fabric strips at least 18" or so long as the working strand.  This is using a LOT of fabric -- I'll probably be well over twelve yards by the time I'm done, and then I also want to do a once-around border, so more than that actually.

I'm hoping to have this finished in time for show-and-tell at my August guild meeting.  Meanwhile, I'm counting the project as my July NewFo and also my July Let's Book It.

***************

4 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

That looks great. And what a great way to quickly use up scraps!

Angie said...

I love these rugs, Jeanne. I've made several---seeing yours makes me want to dive into a new one. :)

Barbara said...

These are great, Jeanne. I've always loved these rugs.

Dana Gaffney said...

I crochet a lot of fabric rag rugs and I'm fascinated with this method. I can't wait to see the finish.