Friday, July 18, 2014

A start

One of my goals for this week was to give the toothbrush rag rug technique a try. 


I'm following the instructions in the pamphlet that came with the tool.  They call for 2" strips, which are giving me a VERY firm heavy result.  I will do this whole project using the same size strips that I started with, but if I ever make another rug, first I'll do a sample to experiment with 1 1/2" strips.  This rug is planned to finish at about 28" x 44", and by my estimate will use about 10 yards of stripped-down fabric. 

Other than a possible change of strip size next time, it's easy.  The first little bit I was getting a feel for how to do the joins and turns, but now at six rows in I'm getting more consistent results.  I'll probably do a final border all the way around to smooth in my bumpity edges. 


This rug will be my July NewFO start, and also my July Let's Book It project.  I'm aiming for a rag rug for the kitchen for December/Christmas.

***************

No comments: