Tuesday, January 1, 2013

On the seventh day of Christmas ...

 
 
I raise a cup of Wassail in a toast to good health,
both yours and mine!

 
So many New Year's resolutions involve healthy living, exercise, weight loss, etc.  I hope you set realistic goals, and have success in working toward them.  My own health is decent -- appropriate for my age -- and I'm very grateful for that.  I'm active and strong.  I'm an eleven-year breast cancer survivor.  I have arthritis, and have had total knee replacements for both knees, but those implants geve me a new lease on life a few years back.
 
I'm good about taking calcium supplements and a multivitamin every day.  I don't use any other kinds of medications or drugs.  I walk regularly for exercise.  I could lose some weight, but I don't obsess about what I eat.  I'm more of an "everything in moderation" person ... I think it all pretty much balances out in the end.  So far, so good, and I'm already 60 years old, so I've got the battle more than half won!
 
Looking ahead:  Well, there's always that elusive 10 pound weight loss ...
 
Looking back:   July was full of small-town summer fun, including Fourth of July fireworks, the Old Miners Days parade, and the Sierra Club Xeriscape Garden Tour.  I read four books and completed twelve quilt projects, four of which were donation quilts, and six were runners for the quilt show boutique.
 
*************** 

No comments: