Ha - this month's UFO is a combo! :)
I started with two sets of blocks: the hand-appliqued ones were salvaged from a quilt I made seven or eight years ago that was badly damaged. The hand-pieced blocks were as far as I got with the Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt that I started in 2009. Due to the amount of handwork already invested in these blocks, I'd always felt like I needed to reuse them somehow.
Both block sets used Pennsylvania Dutch style calicoes, so the fabrics were compatible. Since the block sizes were different, I used sashing to make them fit together. I decided not to add more applique to the borders, thinking that this top has enough busyness happening already.
So: assembled, layered and pinned, and hand quilting has already commenced. This won't be done-done by the end of May, but it's much further along on the road to completion.