Tuesday, January 10, 2012

UFO Challenge - January

 I'm participating in Judy's 2012 UFO Challenge, and she chose #5 as our January project.  On my UFO list, #5 is this set of Block-a-Day blocks.  As you know, some of these blocks have been lurking in my closet for nearly two years now -- I did B-a-D in 2010.  I haven't been very inspired to finish the remaining block sets because they feel stale already, and even when I originally pieced them I was using fabric I didn't like and wanted to get rid of.  Sigh.

This month I decided to just plunge in and get the challenge done, so I can take the finished comfort quilt to my guild meeting next week.  One down, eleven to go with the B-a-D sets.  I'm really tired of sampler quilts.

***************

12 comments:

Diane said...

It turned out nice! It's hard to work with fabrics you don't love.

Mary Johnson said...

I like it - You did a nice job setting the different block sizes together. I finished my #5 UFO too.

Nancy Anne in the Finger Lakes said...

Jeanne - Amazing the difference in the energy of the quilt just by swapping the middle bottom and right bottom blocks!!! Glad to see you are continuing to use up those B-a-D blocks. Can't believe you actually finished them all! I thought about it a couple of times and decided I was never going to finish so I never started :)

marian said...

Jeanne, i LOVE your sweet little quilt..love those muted greens & greys..BEAUTIFUL!!

AnnieO said...

These will make someone smile and they will love the sampler, though you tire of them! I have yet to touch my #5 other than to photograph it. Better get on it!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Oooh, I love all your sampler quilts. So many quilters do not have the patience to cut all those individual pieces needed for each block. I have made a few samplers and they are so much more time consuming than cutting out an entire quilt using the same block pattern! Old for you - new for someone else, that is for sure. And you are so clever in how you are able to combine different sized blocks! Cheers! Evelyn

Meggie said...

I think it looks very nice. I am not much of a fan of Samplers. I like the colours.

Jennifer said...

i think it looks nice, too!

Diane Kelsey said...

It has turned out nice, well worth the work.

Tamera said...

I think it looks wonderful. Have you decided what to do with it?

Sharon-IN said...

This is nice! But I know that feeling when you just don't like a quilt. Hope you find a nice home for it!

JudyCinNC said...

Sometimes you just have to "git her done" and OTL. Wonderful finish for you. Judy C