Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Odds and Ends

An easy finish: this top was in the Comfort Quilts box at last month's guild meeting.  I brought it home and quilted it up, and finished stitching down the binding last night during TV time ... so I'm all set with a donation quilt for this month's meeting.

**********

I completed another B-a-D block set this morning!  Just a small group of blocks, but they'll combine nicely with that chunk of "school" border fabric.

**********
Have you seen Soot and Ashes, the cute little free project that Cheri Payne is offering?  She's new to blogging, but is a long-time-favorite prim-style quilt designer -- I've been inspired by her designs for years.  This one is a sampler quilt with little 5" blocks, and I may need to pull out some scraps and sew along :)

***************

3 comments:

Alice said...

I like the school house, and very much like the little figures above it. It is going to be a striking quilt.

julieQ said...

I like the quilt you made for charity! I too have been looking at the soot and ashes quilt...intriguing...

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh the school blocks are fun!