Thursday, February 4, 2010

Two good things

#1 -- Tony made lots of progress today with digging out my car. He still has that 3-foot-deep pile on the driveway to shovel through, but he got the car cleared off and started it. It's been buried for more than two weeks! Here's how it looked "before":

It sure would be nice to keep one or both cars in the garage but we have a handicap ramp built in there so the oldsters can get into the house with walkers and wheelchairs ... the cars live outside.

**********
#2 -- Got a nice box in today's mail! These are from the Colonial Christmas line by Marcus Bros. They were on sale at Homestead Hearth last week and I couldn't resist. Nothing particular in mind for them -- they were just a good price and I liked them :)

********************

10 comments:

loulee said...

Wow, you've been working him hard. ;-)
Our snow is long gone, though we do keep getting fresh dustings, thats all it is though, a fresh sprinkle and then it's gone.

The Calico Cat said...

We are forcasted for 2+ feet... I can't wait! (Well I can wait for the care digging out sessions.)

Tony had a Miata before, right? Can you imaging that with all of the snow that you guys have had?

Saska said...

That is just way too much snow! We get ice and then snow...just a few inches compared to yours, but we still hate it.

Elaine Adair said...

Oh yuk! That is some serious snow shoveling? I can't figure how you even DO it! And I'm not complaining about our piddly bits of snow we get here. Does your DH have arms of steel? or a big tractor?

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

The only thing to get you through a snow day at home is a yummy box of fabric!!! :)
You got lots more snow then we did. I just looked outside and we have ice everywhere and about 6 inches of snow. I cannot wait til spring!!
hugs!!
dawn

Texan said...

wow on the snow moving! Talk about some good exercise!!

Love the fabrics!

McIrish Annie said...

reminds me of our blizzard in 1978~ I was a sophomore in college and classes were closed for a week! I love that your hubby shovels the snow. lots of good exercise. and I'm glad you have gone back to the BAD blocks. I was inspired last year and bought the calendar for myself. haven't made any blocks but love the calendar!

stay warm!!

Meggie said...

Sitting here sweltering in humidity, it is hard to imagine all that snow!!
Lovely fabric, give it a pat from me!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Look at that snow! Baby! And what a great box of fabric!

Quilter Kathy said...

I am so jealous of all the snow you have there...enjoy! Well, not the shovelling part!