Sunday, October 4, 2009

Well, THAT'S over with!

Garage sale is donedonedone!!! Not my favorite thing to do, (up at 5:30 a.m., three entire days down the tube, etc.) but it was a rousing success. The gazebo is empty, for the first time since the moving van unloaded in June, and with a little bit of tidying we should be able to get a car into the garage soon.

Chilly and very windy this afternoon, so I'm enjoying some split pea soup and a little bit of sewing. I should have my Hour-a-Day top assembled in the next day or so -- picture soon.

Autumn has definitely arrived here in Bear Valley. This is a gorgeous row of maples behind the post office. The aspens are beginning to turn gold, too. Hope the wind doesn't blow all the pretty leaves away!

********************

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hard work but a great result!

sewprimitive karen said...

Best thing about a garage sale is to have it over with. Glad yours was a success!

bingo~bonnie said...

I use to have garage sales, but my husband decided that our time plus the tax right off was worth more than we'd end up selling so now I just box up stuff monthly and take to the Goodwill and fill out an itemized receipt. That way there's no "getting ready work" or having to store it until the sale.

Glad yours turned out great - can't wait to see your fall colored quilt for an hour quilt. ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

PS -love the fall leaves photos - down here in TX we don't get to see the colors..

Meggie said...

I love garage sales... but not when they are mine! lol.
Beautiful trees.