Thursday, October 8, 2009

Squaredance



My Hour-a-Day top is done!! ... only a few days later than everyone else's :)

I'm going to layer and pin it this evening, and plan to get it quilted up right away. We're having some workmen come starting tomorrow to remove wood panelling and do drywall repair and paint the dining room and stair hall (too high for us!), so I should be able to stay closed in my room with the dogs for the next few days while Tony supervises the guys.

I'm really pleased with this project! I like the warm autumn color palatte, and Judy's pattern was a delight. I'll probably make this one again sometime in a different colorway.

(It really is straight -- I was standing below when I took the picture and got a funny angle on the edges.)

**********
GRATITUDES

1. A little flock of goldfinches at the feeders this morning
2. A steaming mug of orange spice tea
3. A pumpkin on the front porch

********************

14 comments:

Vicki W said...

love your color palette!

floribunda said...

it goes great with your pumpkin-y blog palette!

Carlie said...

It looks great...I really like the square block quilts...someday I may even get one made!!!

bingo~bonnie said...

BEE-YOU-TA-FULL!!! I love the colors - perfect for fall.

Will we be getting a photo of your bedroom decorated for October now that you have moved into your new home?? I sure hope so :)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Unknown said...

This has turned out so well in your choice of fabrics - lovely!

Melanie said...

Every Porch deserves a pumpkin this time of year!!!. Great project. Colors fit the season.

Gail said...

It turned out beautifully! I love Judy's patterns, but sometimes I have trouble visualizing them in other fabric/colors. Your palette is fabulous.

The Calico Cat said...

NICE! I love an autumnal quilt. (Why can't I get mine done?)

Saska said...

Love the colors. You always do a good job!

Texan said...

It turned out so nice and the colors are sooooooo good :O)

Vicky said...

That is really lovely! A wonderful fall quilt! I was on vacation when this project began, but I hope to get started on it soon!

Paula, the quilter said...

How lovely! It looks like a spice cookie.

Barbara C said...

Very pretty quilt! Your fall colors are right on time for the season.

Meggie said...

So warm & huggly!XX