Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Tuesday

Less quilting activity going on here these days because it's summer, and there are things to be doing outside!  :)

I did get my Paducah 9-Patch top layered the other day.  It's been waiting since November, and is now next in line to be quilted.

I'm making steady progress with my Little Letters UFO.  I've been doing one or two of these blocks first thing each morning to get my day rolling.

And I pulled fabric and set up a test block for "Autumn Parade", a project from Blackbird Design's Garden Club book.  I actually have just about every single Blackbird Designs book ever published, including the very rare ones from the 1990s.  (Two bookshelves full of quilt books -- many hundred books, seriously.) Many of their projects have been on my quilty bucket list for a very long time.  If I do 5 of these blocks a week, I could have a Harvest Moon quilt done for October.

And as usual, PLENTY of fabric options were available from my stash, no need to buy anything at all for this project!  Seriously, I will not be able to use all the fabric I have on hand in two lifetimes!

More and more often recently, I'm feeling like I need to make my creative time count.  I don't have forever, and I won't be able to make every single quilt ever imagined.  I need to stop accumulating yet more new ideas and fabrics, and focus on using all that I've already gathered through the years. There is so much here for me to enjoy!

***************