Monday, July 16, 2018

Applesauce


Today I unearthed a set of old swap blocks and a collection of apple fabrics dating back five years or so.  There's easily enough in the tub for at least two quilts.  I'm going to putter with this group and see what I can come up with before apple season rolls around in September.


I'm very interested in 'finishing up' these days.  I don't use novelty print fabrics much any more, and one of my targets is to deplete the various styles by doing a few more seasonal projects (Christmas, Halloween, etc.) and then donate away what remains.  In the future, if I ever want to make another holiday novelty quilt I can always buy new fabric.  But I currently have at least eight-per-month-specific quilts in my collection (yes, 100+) for decorating my home around the year.  That could very well be enough.  

So: apples this week.

***************

1 comment:

Libby in TN said...

You and I must have been born under the same sign!