Wednesday, August 16, 2023

New Moon


 As a complement to the Lammas 'harvest' at the beginning of August, the new moon nearest one's birthday is the auspicious time for 'planting' new intentions for the coming year.  I've been thinking about some intentions for this next chapter of my life: tonight is the August new moon.  

I want to embrace each day.  I want my days to be filled with activities worth spending time and energy on. I want to cook and bake, and to serve enjoyable meals to my family, and to cherish the time we spend together.  I want to read.  I want to embroider and to make a few more quilts -- keeping my hands busy with color and fabric.  I want my creative work to have more complexity and nuance.  I want to make mindful choices.  I want to be balanced and serene.  I want to enjoy quietness of heart and poise of spirit.  I want to be at peace.

***************