Monday, August 14, 2023

Monday


A completion -- quilted and bound!

I chose this eclectic and scrappy fabric assortment to convey an autumny feeling here in this non-four-season place that doesn't actually have autumn.  This quilt will become part of my Fruitlands series

The majority of these fabrics are from Australian designers.  Both the color palettes and the subject matter of these fabrics are a little different from my usual choices. The number of quilt projects I have left in me is dwindling, and accordingly I'm starting to close out some of the categories in my fabric stash.

We're looking forward to a big crop of figs this year, and to apples and grapes, but very few persimmons -- that tree must be on an alternate-bearing cycle.  The oranges, coming later, also look promising.

***************