Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Lancaster Diamonds

Now that the holiday hubbub has been put away for another year, I'm happy to be back out in the studio.  I have several ideas that I'm excited about launching.

To begin with, I started piecing the first few Lancaster Diamond blocks using my tub full of traditional calicoes.
  
These blocks are not difficult -- the original quilt was a learning sampler, so reinterpretations can be casual rather than precisely exact.  The pieces are small, some of the strips are only 1/2"!  It seems as if the girl making the original blocks was using up scraps that didn't always fit together evenly -- I see that she did lots of filling in with extra little bits.  This will be a nice slow comfortable project.  I'm aiming for a mid-year completion

***************

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Your pieced diamonds are just lovely--What a great project to use up your stash...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You have a good start on your Lancaster project. I'm liking that you're going scrappy.