Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Quilt show -- Inspiring myself

I've been distracted with real life recently: no quiltmaking or embroidery or creativity at all during the past few weeks.  Our lovely visit with Nick, Stacey and Rhiannon is concluding.  We've enjoyed a wonderful time together, but this is a very small house, and our guests, including a three-year-old, who have been staying here with us for several weeks have made life very busy indeed. My health challenges have definitely made me less resilient than I'd like to be.  Anyway,  they are returning to Boston tomorrow, and we all have a new treasure trove of memories. 

To get my creative vibes humming again, I took a browse through some of my Christmas quilts from years gone by.  Here are a few of my old favorites:  









After putting the house back in order, I'm looking forward to getting back into the studio with Kindred Souls!  After things settle down, I'll go back and add some happy photos of our visit.

***************

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Having visitors is wonderful but there comes a point when the upheaval is almost too much.
Enjoyed the quilt 'show'!

Patty McDonald said...

Lovely quilts. I really can't choose a favorite they're all beautiful.
Not sure how you are feeling after a visit from your Boston kids. Our son and DIL will be here for 2 weeks starting Dec. 16th. They live in New Hampshire. I'm always a little melancholy after they leave. We see them once a year and I love their visit and miss them terribly when they leave. Have a lovely week.