Friday, January 28, 2022

RSC22: January - red

I'm going back to the basics with RSC this year: just using the little scraps from my toss basket rather than going into stash and cutting new fabric. And I'm challenging myself to consume ALL the small pieces that are available.  We're at the final week of January, and since I still had a few red odds and ends left, I resurrected a couple more RSC quilt ideas that were successful for me in the past.

I made some tessellating L blocks that use 2 1/2" strips.   

I'll end up with a bright quilt like this one I made years ago.

And then finally some tiny bowtie blocks that use the small squares left from the L blocks. 

 It'll take a while for me to have enough of these small blocks to recreate my long-ago bowtie quilt.

These last two block sets have finally depleted the red scraps from my basket, and eventually I'll have eight rainbow quilts.  I'm looking forward to next month's color, teal/aqua. 

Enjoy more red inspiration at 

***************

8 comments:

scraphappy said...

Working to whittle down the tiny scraps is always fun. Even little bits build up with time.

Kathy S. said...

Love your layout of the bow ties. Beautiful! Way to use up those red scraps.

Maggie said...

Love the bow tie blocks, they are a favourite. The first block I ever made. Doing the same thing going through just the scraps and trying to use them up. Stay safe and warm.

Ivani said...

Pretty tiny red bowtie blocks The L blocks look like a fun one!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Both of those are wonderful RSC projects. Kudos for using up your smallest bits of RED in the scrap stash!

Deb A said...

Great choices for the tiny scraps. Those original quilts are very cute.

Sandy Panagos said...

Good choices, indeed! I've never seen the "L" block. I like it.

Helenchaffin said...

the lite bow ties are just the cutest, Ive never seen the L block, nice!