Saturday, April 17, 2021

Saturday

A recent thrift shop discovery

My sewing room is completely packed and shut down now, and won't be available again until next month.  The remodeling work at the new place is just about finished, and we're in our final days here.  Boxes stacked up in all the rooms, curtains down from the windows -- not homey at all any more.  Everything is going according to schedule, but I can tell we're slower and older now and don't have that extra spark of energy like we used to.  This new house will be the sixteenth place I've lived in my life.  I hope I'll never move again.

***************

 

5 comments:

Susie Q said...

I know what you mean about the extra spark of energy. Happy for you that you are ready as possible.

Robin said...

I hope this can be your last "nest building season". It will feel so good to be settled.

AnnieO said...

So much work to move! 16 places, hmmm. We’ve been in this house 30 years, but I moved a lot as a young woman. I’d really have to think for the list!

Quiltingwiththefarmerswife said...

Moving twice is a BIG deal! So glad you are on the home stretch. My hubby and I are estimating it will take a couple of months to remodel the rental ourselves. As I said before, we haven't made the final decision but we know we are much slower and the work will take us awhile. Can't imagine moving 16 times. We've lived here 45 years so we have a lot to toss. I'm looking forward to hearing about your adjustment but you've probably already experienced that, with living in the city, for the last few months. So happy you can call this cottage home. Patty McDonald

gpc said...

I think I am in my 12th home and the idea of four more moves is daunting! It will be fun to see the new homey space you will create.