Friday, March 12, 2021

It's the end of a dreadful year, and the start of a new better one ...


 I can refill my bobbins!  We bought a new house!

This has definitely been one of my least favorite years of my life, but now I can look ahead to a new future.

Last year's first challenge -- moving down from the mountains -- was an overwhelming loss for me.  Even though it was done for good reason, it just about broke my heart.  In addition to that personal loss, we've all been horrified by the appalling national events, and overarching it all the global pandemic.  I feel like an entire year of my life has been WASTED, and I'm getting older, with not that many years left.  Let's just say I've had a lot of downhearted days.  

We've temporarily been in a rental house here, because we needed someplace to settle quickly when the red house sold so suddenly last fall.  It's 'ok' but it's not my style and it's not our own. I've never felt settled  here. We've been waiting for the political scene and the pandemic to improve.  Meanwhile the real estate market has become absolutely bonkers.  So it's been hard to be patient and hopeful this winter.  But all the puzzle pieces have finally FINALLY settled into place and we're going to take the next step.

We've purchased a charming little 1940s cottage about 2 miles from here.   It has lovely gardens with many fruit trees, and a spacious studio.  We'll still be just a few minutes from family.  I'm really excited about this next step we are undertaking!!!  I'm REALLY ready to move forward in life.     

***************

5 comments:

AnnieO said...

It has been a dreadful, overwhelmingly difficult and dark year. Our family group kept us sane, but we mourn the time apart from those we love! Congratulations on finding a house to make your own again. Real estate in So Cal is ridiculous. Prices in our city have grown astronomical.

Robin said...

The joy in your written word is almost tangible. I'm so happy that you have found a place you love. What could be better than a cottage?

Quiltingwiththefarmerswife said...

So good to read your post. Moving is hard enough without giving up a much loved home in the process. You haven't mentioned much about the move and now I understand. Happy for you that you have found a charming 1940s cottage. It sounds fantastic and a place to get excited about. We are half way between San Diego and L A and it has been very difficult to find the home we want. There is so much new built (last 20 years) that everything looks the same. Also, the houses on the market are slim pickings. You give me hope the right one is out there.Patty

NADINE said...

Oh, I'm sooo happy for you, Jeanne, congratulations ! After such a dreadful year... Now you're going to really settle down, make new projects and ENJOY this new, bright chapter in your life. YAY !
xoxo
Nadine

Joanne said...

So happy for you, Jeanne. Last year was tough on everyone I think -- I myself was sinking into depression because I felt so isolated. Now things are looking up with spring in the air.