Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Hands All Around

 Today is the first installment of Barbara Brackman's 
2021 pieced BOM series

Each month Barbara will be discussing Louisa May Alcott's family and friends in Concord, Massachusetts, and their responses to the Civil War.  This month, Louisa's mother Abigail May Alcott, Abba,  is remembered as a committed anti-slavery activist, and a strong role model for her daughters.
 

I've decided to use a variety of red prints for my blocks, and I've also set aside some fabric for alternate blocks and borders.  I have copious amounts of all these fabrics, so I'll be sewing the 16" block options.  When I add something interesting for the alternate blocks and borders, I'll end up with a queen-size quilt. 


There is every good possibility that I will launch a second set of blocks in one of the smaller sizes and a different color scheme: I have soooooo much repro fabric in my stash!!

I'm a big fan of the Alcotts, and have visited the Orchard House museum twice in recent years.  I have a number of related books in my own library -- this is the one Barbara recommended today.  I'm going to enjoy this BOM!


***************

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

...and I'm going to enjoy watching you create this BOM too! One thing that's on my bucket list is to re-read all the books. Hopefully someday I'll get to it.