Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The Spiral Path

 The path is a spiral.  We go up, but we go in circles. 
 Each time around the view gets a little wider.

I am reminded of just how much a spiral the authentic journey is when I get stuck in a set of circumstances from which escape seems impossible.  When this occurs, I need to ask "What's the lesson here, so that I can move on?" 

So I start again.  Begin at the beginning.  Make Gratitude an active rather than a passive prayer, consciously bring Simplicity and Order to my daily round, honor moments of being rather than doing.

Even if I can't change my outside circumstances, I can change how I react to them.

~ Sarah Ban Breathnach ~

**********

The life we want is not merely the one we have chosen and made.  
It is the one we must be choosing and making.

~ Wendell Berry ~


***************

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Great quotes (and you know I love quotes!).