Monday, March 2, 2020

Completion!


I pieced this string top last January, and never got back to finishing it.  I finally took the time last week to get it layered and quilted.  I'll be using it in the guest room when all our remodeling is complete and the house gets put back together. 

Between being sick and then spending a lot of time travelling, I accumulated quite a backlog of UFOs last year.  There are 8 or 9 *top, back, batting and binding* bundles languishing in the To-Finish  laundry basket, and at least a dozen other projects in varying stages of noncompletion piled up here and there.  This exceeds my comfort zone for UFOs, so I'm really trying to get caught up -- slowly but surely, one at a time.  I'm also rethinking several of my sew-along commitments.  Ideally, I'd like to be working on just a couple of things at a time, while they are current and still exciting to me.  The old and long-term projects get pretty stale.

***************