Thursday, February 27, 2020

# 28 - I Like


I've been neglecting doing 'I Like' posts, but I need to get going again because I truly am grateful every day for the goodness in my life.  I'll get myself restarted with a quick list this week.

I like that it's light now in the early morning.  It feels like spring is right around the corner!

I like the tasty Olive Bread I made yesterday.  I did half the recipe -- just one loaf -- and used the bread machine.  We had grilled cheese sandwiches for supper last night.

I like the daffodils sprouting along the garage.  We're due for a bit more snow over the weekend, but Nature keeps inching forward anyway.

I like that steady progress is being made with the upstairs remodel project.  It's not fun to have so much disruption in the house, but it's going to be wonderful when all is done.  Meanwhile, the working guys are nice. 

**********
Enjoy more friends sharing their gratitude at
NOT AFRAID OF COLOR


***************

6 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Jeanne! Glad to see your construction is moving along. It's never fun until it's all complete. That picture you shared of the morning sky is gorgeous. I wonder if you had a storm later in the day? I've never heard of olive bread but it sure looks delicious. Have a Happy Thursday. ~smile~ Roseanne

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I made bread today too! I love how the house smells! I love having extra light during the day too. I hate when it gets dark so early. House renovation is always a double edged sword. You're glad to have the work done but hate how long and disruptive it can be! No flowers here yet but hopefully soon!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Awesome likes. I like the extra light in the morning and in the evening.

piecefulwendy said...

Oh, I think I can smell that lovely bread - yum! What a beautiful sunrise, too. I'm glad to hear the renovation guys are nice; that sure helps when you have to wait for the finish!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Grilled cheese on olive bread sounds yummy. Must be time for my dinner. :-)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What an amazing sunrise photo! Only God can make such incredible colours!! Glad to hear your reno is progressing even though I'm sure it isn't fast enough to suit you....don't you wish you could wave a magic wand and have all the upheaval done with.