Monday, October 7, 2019

Donation blocks


Recently, several organizations requesting block donations to be used to create comfort quilts have come up on my radar.  I worked on some blocks over the weekend to send to two of the groups.  There are others, and I hope to do more later in the month.

These blocks will be sent to  COVERED IN LOVE

And these blocks will be donated to WRAP A SMILE

I'm a competent piecer, so this is a good way for me to make a contribution.  My only 'rule' for comfort quilt participation is that I will only use fabric from my stash -- nothing purchased new.  These blocks will be in the mail later this week.

I hope to get back up to speed making actual donation quilts soon.  I used to make many comfort quilts each year, but have been off my pace the past couple of years. 

***************

2 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Both blocks are easy and pretty. Can't go wrong with an Ohio Star in my book!

julieQ said...

Very pretty!!! I love both blocks...good for you to donate some of your lovely work!