Thursday, July 25, 2019

I Like ...


I like discovering.  We enjoyed the Annual Garden Tour last Saturday here in Bear Valley.  At one of the lovely gardens I saw a new-to-me variety of butterfly!  This is a Rusty Tipped Brown Siproeta.  They usually live in more tropical climates than this, so this guy was definitely out of his normal range here high in the mountains.

I like unexpected pleasures.  We've had good rain all week, and we're always grateful for the precipitation.  It refreshes the forest and fills the lake.  The damp sagebrush and pines and cedars fill the air with sweet aromas. Rainbows are an added surprise!  

I like success.  Simba, our local young eaglet, left the nest this week.  Good luck Simba!

I like change.  The season is beginning to shift away from summer.  The mornings are darker now when I take my early walk.

My daily Gratitudes are HERE

Enjoy more grateful blog posts at 

Life is good!

***************

6 comments:

Julierose said...

What wonderful "likes" this week--Just beautiful eagles...and wonderful rainbow thanks for sharing hugs, Julierose

Roseanne said...

Hi Jeanne! I love that the seasons are slightly shifting. I leave for work at 4:50 each morning and it seemed noticeably darker this morning than even earlier in the week. We're probably losing over a minute twice a day now, and the cooler weather is welcome anytime. Not cold yet though! Beautiful rainbows and good luck to Simba! ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I sure enjoyed your likes today, Jeanne! That's a beautiful butterfly - I wasn't familiar with it either. Amazing pictures of the eagles, too! It would be a great experience to watch the young grow and take off. I love the quilt in your blog header - it looks the block that Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict is using for her Christmas in July quilt. Any day now my 45 degree triangle ruler should arrive so that I can try that block and see what I can make out of it!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

What a beautiful butterfly! I hope Simba is fine on his own. I always feel so lucky when I see a rainbow. I have felt as though we're losing daylight too. I have to get up at 5 to be at work for 6 some mornings. It was sort of dark when I got up 2 mornings ago. Our summers seem to fly by while the winters tend to drag.

PaintedThread said...

I really like that butterfly - I have not seen that kind before. Your sky photos are pretty, especially the last one.

LA Paylor said...

I'm so late to the party! I love your likes, and the way you present them. The eaglet... how touching. It's so hot, I long for Fall but not here in Colorado apparently we have two seasons, too hot and too cold.
LeeAnna