Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Hospital Sketches



This month's HOSPITAL SKETCHES block was released today, and I was ready!

#6 - Mountain Laurel
The accompanying article discussed the Tishomingo Hotel in Corinth, Mississippi, which served as a hospital for both Union and Confederate wounded.  The volunteer nursing services of several Southern ladies was noted, as was the contribution of Negro workers, both slave and free.

I'm still enjoying my soft color scheme.

**********

On a side note, Tishomingo was the basis for a noteworthy line in 'O Brother Where Art Thou?,' my favorite movie:

"Hop on in while you give it a think ..."

***************

2 comments:

julieQ said...

You are on it, girl!! First off the starting line...such pretty colors!

Julierose said...

This is a beautiful rendition of this block--I do love your colors on these hugs, Julierose