Sunday, June 30, 2019

A UFO for July?


I've been thinking about what to work on during July.  I'm only doing two sew-alongs right now: Hospital Sketches and Cheddarback.  I do have several possibilities for new projects, but I thought I'd take a browse through my UFO queue also. 

Among others, I came upon some Oak Grove blocks,
 a project I started in 2016:
It would be a pleasing "autumn leaves" quilt, wouldn't it?  All the zillions of scrappy diamonds are already cut, so working ahead on this UFO would require a commitment to piecing time, but not much in the way of design decision-making.  I'd like to have eight blocks I think -- when set on point,  these are VERY LARGE 26" blocks, so  I'd be at 52" x 76" before I even think about borders. 

Maybe this will be the one I focus on next?

*************** 

2 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Looks BA-zillions of diamonds! But I love it. I hope to see this finished.

Robin said...

The tree blocks are lovely. It's the kind of quilt I'd love to be hand quilting in October. You'll be finished long before that, you're half-way already.