Friday, January 25, 2019

RSC19: January - RED


It's the last week of January, so we're wrapping up RSC19 - RED.
I started one more scrap-buster block set:
Temecula Quilt Company launched a new sew-along this week called One Block Wednesday.  
The blocks are tiny -- 3 1/2" -- so they're perfect for using up those last little bits of scrap.  This will be an ongoing long-term block set.  If I do two blocks a day, it'll take till at least October or so to accumulate enough for a useable-size quilt, approximately 300 blocks.  I should do more red ones than this before moving on to next month's RSC challenge color.  I'm going to refer to these as my 'bubble blocks.'

   So all in all, for RSC19 I'm aiming to do Burgoyne Surrounded (2), Northern Lights (10), Dawn to Dusk (8), Letter Box (8), and these Bubbles(many) in each month's color.  Five new RSC quilts by end of year?  We'll see ...

See how others are finishing up their red scraps at
SCRAPHAPPY SATURDAY

***************

2 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Hey, are you trying to outdo me? I think I have 4 RSC projects in the works. I did a couple of those Temecula blocks at 5" for Tiny Tuesday.

Mcirishannie f/k/a quilt til you wilt said...

You are very ambitious! Trying the RSC as well but in a much smaller scale