Friday, January 11, 2019

RSC19: January - red


I started a couple more new block sets this week for
RSC19: January - RED. 

First, some 'Dawn to Dusk' blocks from Pat Speth's book, MORE NICKEL QUILTS.  This is another of the many quick and easy projects to be found in the Nickel Quilts series -- I strongly recommend these books!  Smiling at Diann and Libby as we all enable each other!  I'll be using 1800s color scraps plus shirting lights for these blocks each month. 

And how about these 'Letterbox' blocks?! 
All the details for these can be found HERE at Klein Meisje blog.  Lynn always does outstanding scrappy projects -- even if you're not planning to try this one, check out her inspiring blog!  These blocks take literally just a few minutes to sew up.  I'll be using 1930s scraps for these each month.

Also, Temecula Quilt Company just announced an appealing new sew-along project called
CHURCH WINDOW HEXAGON
More info to come, but it looks like this would be a good one for using up tiny scraps!

Enjoy more red inspiration at SCRAPHAPPY SATURDAY

***************

8 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Great choice for working with tiny scraps! Happy Saturday.

Libby in TN said...

Thanks for the shout out but, dang, you've led me down another rabbit hole! I thought Dawn to Dusk looked too complicated to tackle until I saw how easy the block is to make. Add it to my list ... Oh, and I've decided on caramel as my primary color for Hope's Journey.

Jo said...

Love your blocks. The nickel quilts and church window projects look intriguing. I will check temecula next week thanks for the tip.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh boy, more inspiration from the Nickel Quilts books! I don't have the book you're showing today, but I do really like that block. Thanks for the link to the scrap quilter's blog - that's a new one to me, but I'll enjoy checking her out!

Cathy said...

I might be in on Church Windows at Temecula. I probably have enough CW repro scraps to use.


And I guess I need to check out Pat Speth's books.

Angie said...

These are all such fun projects!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

There are so many wonderful projects out there, it is hard to choose. Your blocks look great.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like you are having lots of fune with RED for the RSC. Diann and Libby aren't all that bad!!