Friday, March 3, 2017

RSC 17: March - red

Our RSC17 challenge color for March is RED.

I had time this afternoon to get started for the month by making my quota of RED Lincoln's Platform blocks.
This block set is coming along satisfactorily.

Earlier this week, I was rummaging through my Orphan Blocks box, looking for green blocks to send to Sunshine Guild.  I did find a few greens, and during that excavation I also happened upon a good number of red and blue 30s blocks.  They caught my attention, so I set them out to work on. 

Yesterday, I made two more blocks to finish out a couple of the rows, and  assembled this top.  Since coincidentally our color for the month is RED, I'm already ahead of the game with my March crib quilt!  It's RED-enough to count, right?  :)

Meanwhile, I'm coughing and sneezing and sniffling my way through yet another cold/flu episode, third time since New Years.  My biorhythms are low.   I will be soooo happy when winter sick season turns to springtime airy and bright!

Enjoy more RED activity at ScrapHappy Saturday

***************

8 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Hope you are feeling better. I am on the mend as well. I also was rummaging through blocks during a down day and was reacquainted with blocks I love again. Let's free the UFOs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

AWESOME Orphan Block quilt!! Definitely RED enough to count.

a good yarn said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery and relief from your cold/flu. Lincoln's Platform is a good choice for the RSC challenge and I like the other blocks you have featured in your post.

Nell's Quilts said...

Get well soon. No fun wheezing and sniffling. I like the look of those Lincoln's Platform block. I'd say there's plenty of red in that crib quilt - a great way to make use of the orphan blocks.

Kate said...

It's been a miserable cold and flu season this year. Hope you are feeling much better soon. Your Lincoln's Platform blocks look great and the 1930's blocks made a very cute baby quilt. You were productive last week, even if you didn't feel 100%.

TheEclecticAbuela said...

What great projects--I love the Lincoln's Platform block.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great start on the red for the RSC. The baby quilt is sweet.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like your lincoln blocks - they are really cool! And yes! the red counts in your big quilt!!! ;-)