Sunday, October 30, 2016

A variation


Temecula Quilt Company had been running a weekly sew-along for most of the year, and they revealed the project conclusion in early October.  I started with them back in January, but I gave out in April.

Recently I decided to move this UFO forward.  I added the brown bird embroidery to the center medallion, and layered and organized things for hand quilting.  It's a nice small piece to pick up whenever I have 20 minutes or so to stitch off another strand of thread -- the hand quilting will be done **someday** in its own time :)   

I must say that I'm totally enjoying being retired!  My time and energy had been so very scattered for the past year or so -- I've finally regrouped and I'm having the chance to redirect my attention back to my own interests.  My UFOs are biting the dust!  Once I get a few more things finished up, I'm going to start something exciting and new!


***************

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I discovered the Circa 2016 project when it was almost finished. I only have my medallion made, so far. I really like how you finished it off.

Quilting Babcia said...

Good for you! Retirement is a wonderful thing, a chance to regroup, clear our heads of all the now extraneous 'stuff', and finally do what we have loved for years but always seemed so out of reach. I'll look forward to seeing the diminishing pile of ufo's in your finished posts.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

The quilt is lovely--I really like the embroidered bird. Good job on getting those UFOs done!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great idea to use up the blocks you made!
I love it!