Sunday, July 31, 2016

Bulls-eyes

A finish! 

I pulled out a set of UFO blocks in late June and met my target to have this queen-size bulls-eye quilt completed by August!


The back story here is that I change my home décor each month to celebrate the seasons and the ongoing circle of life. 
(Those pictures are from several years ago, maybe I 'll do an updated series next year ...)

Anyway, this activity includes several coordinated quilts for each month, and specifically I consider the queen-size ones to be my "dowry set."  My August/purple bed quilt had wandered away from my life a while back, and I was determined to replace it for this year!


Through the years I've made well over a dozen of these raw-edge bulls-eye quilts, in a variety of colors and sizes, and I always enjoy the fun scrappy texture of this style of quilt!

***************

No comments: