Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Westering Women

Westering Women, Barbara Brackman's new BOM, began today.  Our first block is
 
 
which commemorates Independence MO, one of the trailheads for the great western migration that took place in the mid-1800s.  As always, Barbara has provided interesting and carefully-researched information along with a block pattern. 
 
 
With only one new block a month, it should be very easy to keep pace with this sew-along.  Setting information has also been provided, so we can do that as we go along also, instead of letting the blocks accumulate and age. 

(And yes, I admit, most of my Stars in a Time Warp blocks are still hanging on my design wall, right where I left them at the end of Barbara's last series.  Sigh.)  

***************

1 comment:

Quilting Babcia said...

Great start, I love your block. Just finished pulling pieces from my scrap bins, like a true westering woman and hope to start my first block tomorrow. One block per month seems doable.