Thursday, December 3, 2015

Quietness of heart

 
Saddened by yet another act of senseless violence.  This latest shooting in San Bernardino was right down at "the bottom of the hill" from here, about 30 or so miles.  Several of the victims lived in neighboring mountain communities, and the assailants also lived right down below us.  These terrorist attacks are all so confusing and tragic, I'm having a hard time processing them.  Paris was horrifying, and more so in my mind because all of my kiddos regularly attend EoDM concerts -- took me a couple of days to work through that in my imagination.  And the Boston Marathon bombing happened in Nick and Stacey's area, and that guy was hiding just across the bridge from their neighborhood when he was captured.  I seldom comment on politics or world events in this blog, but the news is always heavy on my heart, and
 too close for comfort.
 
I don't understand the world anymore.  I am mindful of how fortunate my family and friends and community have been thus far at missing out on random violence, and I hope our luck holds.  I keep trying to think of some thing I personally could do to make the world a better place, but I haven't been able to come up with anything yet that might make even the slightest difference. Sigh.  I guess the best I can think to do is to
 communicate love rather than hate
every waking moment of my life.
 

Spent some thoughtful time today sewing up these sampler blocks.
 
***************

1 comment:

Catskill Quilter said...

I appreciate your statement, "communicate love rather than hate
every waking moment of my life." If everyone - or even every quilter - took up that challenge it could change the world! My youngest child, about to turn 45 this month, lives in NYC and works for the 9/11 Memorial Museum; there are many times when I feel fearful for her safety. Thanks for a thoughtful post!