Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Stars in a Time Warp

This week we learned about
MADDER-STYLE PRINTS
at Barbara Brackman's Stars in a Time Warp series.
 
Madders were popular and common shades of reddish-brown used throughout most of the 19th century.  The shades ranged from deep "chocolates" through rusts into orangey- reds. I have many brown repros in my stash - the challenge was choosing which fabrics to use this week!  Here's today's quota, but I hope to make more madder stars over the weekend.
 
 
My star collection is growing. 
 
Learn more about madder HERE
and enjoy more stars HERE
 
***************

2 comments:

CecileD said...

I really love your stars !!
I make these stars too but just one per color because I'm not sure I have the good repro fabric.....
Have a nice day !

Jennie in GA said...

Living your stars. I am quite tempted to go back and start them.