Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Rag rug completion

Hooray -- another UFO finished and another project tub cleared off my table!
 
I started this rag rug back in July, as part of the NewFo 2014 Challenge and also the Let's Book It Challenge, using the "toothbrush rug" technique.  It turned out to be very tough on my arthritisy hands, and also very challenging to keep straight and even.  The rug is about 24" x 36" and used approximately 14 yards of fabric. 
 
After some vigorous steaming and blocking, it's more squared and even, but still not really as good as it should be.  It's a cute-enough rug, but I doubt that I'll ever make another one using this technique.  I plan to use it in my kitchen during the holiday season.
 
*************** 

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love it---I have made crocheted rag rugs but not that particular method. It will be great during the holidays. :)