Monday, August 25, 2014

Scrappy crisscross blocks


I'm slowly working along on a scrappy block set based on this Sharyn Craig video.  My starting squares are 8" and I'm cutting my Xs 2" wide, so they're 1 1/2" when they're sewn.  The pieced blocks are squaring up to
6 1/4", so they will be 5 3/4"  when they're finished in a quilt.

I'm working on this as a prototype for one of several possible scrappy projects for my guild next year.  My guild friends are generally more comfortable working on planned structured activities rather than scrappy figure-it-out-as-you-go-along projects, so I'm sort of blazing the trail here for them :)  Of course there are many simple repeating-type quilt blocks like this one that would lend themselves to scrappy exchanges. I'm hoping to work out the bugs for a few possibilities and then have a tentative schedule and some samples ready for the Board's approval in time for next year's program planning.

***************

No comments: