Friday, August 8, 2014

Playing with something different

 
A couple of weeks ago, I attended a very enjoyable workshop by Shelley Swanland about traditional embellishment and ribbon embroidery.  I finally had time to pull out my class box and play a little with some of the techniques we learned -- this kind of handwork is quite a change of pace for me!  I spent this morning creating two (of six) sampler squares.  My color/design theme is Christmas, and later I'll be mounting these little swatches on 'tree' fabric.
 
Shelley's blog shows some pictures of the sampler she presented at the workshop.  And she'll be returning to our guild next year to do a workshop on Cathedral Windows quilts -- looking forward to that one too!
 
***************

1 comment:

Cher said...

these will be just right for the Christmas season..beautiful work so far Jeanne