Friday, June 27, 2014

Let's Book It - progress report


I'm pleased to report some progress on my Let's Book It project this month!  The month got off to a good start as I set up a first block and  tried the Tile Quilts technique.  I'm not using a design from the book, just following the instructions and technique hints and doing some free-form shapes.
 
Turns out to be a very easy process indeed, and I finished up two blocks already.  It's a nice relaxing hand-stitching activity to take out on the porch on a summer evening! 
 
I'm going to move ahead with prepping several more blocks, and I fully expect to have this project done by October!
 
For more Let's Book It inspirations click HERE
 
***************

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I enlarged the photo so I could see your lovely work - this is such a great hand project and what a nice quilt you will have. Thank you for linking up.

Dasha said...

I too enlarged the photo, and realised you have great fussy cut features in some of the pieces. It will be a fun quilt when you finish it.

Dana Gaffney said...

That's going to be such a fun and cute piece. Hand stitching on the porch sounds so wonderfully relaxing.

Pattilou said...

What a fun piece this will make!

Vivian said...

Love the fall look of the tiles and the dark "grout". The fussy cuts are too cute!