Friday, January 31, 2014

RSC14: February - pink

 
Our new color challenge for RSC14 is PINK,
 and since it's February, pink is a perfect assignment!
 
**********
I'd already been admiring this little project and decided to jump into action with my 30's repro scraps.
 
**********
I selected out some pink scraps -- waaay more than I needed for such a small project -- and got busy
 
**********
First: little teeny sub-units from 1 1/2" squares
and 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" rectangles
 
**********
They became little pink hearts in just a few  minutes
 
**********
Next I cut a 3" WOF strip from white background fabric,
 and sub-cut it into 
four alternating squares at 2 1/2"
and six setting squares at 3".
The 3" squares were all cut diagonally once to make HSTs.
 
**********
All the little pieces were assembled into a center that squared up to just about 9"
 
**********
Then I hopped over to my pink 1 1/2" strip bag and
auditioned a few strips that might work for borders 
 
**********
Sweethearts
All done, all pink, in less than an hour and a half
 
***************

13 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Val's Quilting Studio said...

I love how quick and easy this was! Thanks for sharing the process. I'd love to become a follower of your blog and and will be the first to add myself as a GFC!! :) I'm going to look through my thirties! Stop by: myplvl.blogspot.com (I'm going to post my pinks in a bit:)

Val's Quilting Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie Z. said...

Very cute!

Deb A said...

Awesome quilt! Love the walk through of how you made it.

Sarah said...

Lovely little quilt and perfect timing for st valentines day!

Elly D said...

So very cute and adorable! What a great idea for using small scraps.

Karen said...

Very pretty. I like how quick and easy it is.

Marly said...

Thanks for the info on this very pretty block. I'm amazed at how quickly you had it finished.

Jo said...

That's so sweet

scraphappy said...

Such a sweet little quilt. I love how easy you made it seem. Such great pinks!

Nell's Quilts said...

So cute! And best of all so quick. What a great start to February's pink.

Sheila said...

I love this sweet little quilt. Thank you for sharing how you made the hearts.