Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mountain Trails


Over at Humble Quilts, Lori is offering another quilt-along based on a vintage quilt.  Since log cabin blocks are my favorite, and also since her name for the project is Mountain Trails (after all, I live in the mountains!), I decided on a whim to sew along.

I changed up the size to suit my needs, and finished this little doll quilt top in just a few hours yesterday.  I going to need to be patient at a couple of "sitting around and waiting" events coming up this next week, so I should be able to take this along and get the hand quilting done quickly. 

I really like this log cabin variation, and will think about using it in a larger quilt.

And now, back to my hafta-to-get-em-done list ...

***************

3 comments:

Lori said...

It is lovely! I'm so happy you sewed along!!

Angie said...

What a cutie :D Hand quilting this little beauty will be perfect.

Anonymous said...

Our worlds collide! When we were in Utah we toured Brigham Young's home there were some awesome quilts, of course the missionary tour guides had no information about them. but I saw this pattern and loved it. Thanks for posting about it :)